Tales


Widow's Tales Episode 10



Tales Of A Widow.
Episode 10:

Ibrahim works as an architect in his own established company. Though it wasn't a big one, but a rented three bedroom apartment. 
He has employees working for him. He truly deserves that, for he has served before being served. 

That bright Monday, his sister came to his office to seek for  financial assistant from him.. 
"Assalam Alaykum brother" she greeted. 
"Waalaykum Salaam sister,how is everyone at home. Your husband and your children?" 
"AlhamduliLlah! They're all fine. And sister Habeebah? How is she doing? And the little guest coming soon? When Maami told me she's expecting, I was very happy. Finally she's free from her taunts" Fareedah said with a broad smile. 
"AlhamduliLlah she's fine" Ibrahim replied. 

"Brother! I'm here to seek for financial help. Lately, my husband has not been paid three months salary at his work . I've been the one footing the bills of expenses at home. Yesterday our landlord came with some threats if we fail to pay the rent for the apartment in our possession. I just paid my children school fees with my savings. Please! I need you to lend me a sum of one hundred and fifty thousand naira. Insha Allah my husband and I will refund it, as soon as he get paid... He and other staff had been assured to get their remunirations towards ending of this month"..  She detailed. 

"Fareedah, my sister! Because you want to lend money, is that the reason why you're looking so perturbed? You should have called me on phone. Then, I'll send it to your account...I'm your brother and not a stranger. Alright! Forward your account details now." 
As soon as Fareedah gave out her account details, she received the alert of Two hundred thousand in her account. 

"JazakaLlahu kayran sir, I'm highly grateful for this. Insha Allah! Every endeavor of yours Shall always prosper" she thanked wholeheartedly. 
"Mind you, it's not to be refunded, just as you said earlier. It's a gift from a brother to his younger sister" .... Ibrahim said.
Fareedah expressed her gratitude for her brother's kindness and compassion. 
"Insha Allah! One of these days I'll come to pay you and sister a visit. Just that I've been busy lately with my on-line business.."
"Don't promise what you can fulfill, you've been saying this, since last year. And you're yet to fulfill it." Ibrahim said jokingly. 
"Oh brother! I know you'll say this. Alright, I won't give fake promises. Let's do it this way. Whenever sister puts to birth, I'll spend a whole month with her insha Allah, after all I'm self employed... I'll seek permission from my husband I'm sure he can manage with the kids on his own" she uttered with an hearty laughter. 
Ibrahim felt disheartened after hearing this, but decided to fake a smile. "I don't think it's necessary to inform my sister about the miscarriage, as it is she's very happy for Habeebah. I just hope Allah grants us another one soonest." he thought to himself. 

For a while, Ibrahim and his sister were ensued in conversation, before she informed him of her leave.. 
"Insha Allah I will branch Maami's house, before going home. She called me earlier to come to see her."
"Extend my tesleem to her and your family."
"Insha Allah! I will!" she replied and left. 

Immediately Fareedah left her brother's office, she stumbled on his secretary at the entrance of the company, With a shopping bag. The two exchanged some pleasantries for a while. Then,the secretary said. 
"Sorry for the loss ma" she empathized.
"What loss? Did anything dreadful happened here?" 
"I'm sorry ma, are you not aware?" 
"That what?" 
"Please ma, if you not aware. I think it's better to keep shut, because I don't want to be sacked."
"Siddiqah! Will you speak up? what are you trying to say?" 
"Erm...mm..m"she stuttered fidgeting. 
"Go on to say whatever you want to."
"Please ma. Let this be a secret between you and I.     I heard oga's wife had a micrarriage" 
"What? Where did you get that rumors from?" 
"From a friend of mine who works as a nurse at Oga's friend hospital."
"Do you mean doctor Abdul-Lateef's hospital?" 
"Yes ma." 
"How did your friend know my brother and his wife?" 
"The day she came here to visit me, but my boss didn't know her. Please ma, don't tell anyone you heard this from me" she pleaded for the second time. 
"No problem, I give you my word." 
"Why will my brother conceal this from me? I can understand maami might be furious if she got to know, but what about me? Or should I go inside to tell him I'm aware? But I've given Siddiqah my word.... From where will I say I got the news from? I think, I should call habeeby for an advice"she solliloquized. 
She called her husband but he didn't pick her call. Afterwards, she received a call from her mother asking when she'll show up. 

"I'll be there shortly maami" she replied to her. 
Fareedah reached her mother's house, but she was told she went out, to her greet her friend whose grandchild has just arrived. 
Fareedah's phone rang, it was her husband's call. 
She received the call and detailed everything Siddiqah said about Habeebah's miscarriage and asked if she should call her brother to confirm from him. She was still on phone when her mother walked in... On seeing her mother she dropped the call instantly. 

"What's left to hide again?" I've overheard everything." she uttered. 
To be cont'd 

Olafiku Maryam Umm Muslimah...

Comments

  1. Asalamualykun.....pls have not been able to read the remaining episode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walaikum Salaam waramotula wabarakatu, we will soon upload it, please check back later today 14/12

      Delete

Post a Comment

Drop your Comment here

POST YOU MAY LIKE

UNIVERSITIES TO CANCEL 2019/2020 ACADEMIC SESSION

Tales

Tales

INTRODUCTION TO EMAIL MARKETING 2024

Tales

General Principle of Law: List of Source of Nigeria Law with terms under them

What If Low Carb Diets Can Cure Diabetes And Heart Diseases

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A MUSLIM CHILD EPISODE 1

Inspiration