Tales


Tales Of A Widow
Season 2 Episode 13



Episode 13:

It was a sunny Wednesday. Sidiqqah left office after closing hours and headed to Grandma's house for the important impromptu discussion. The two exchanged pleasantries for a while.... Then Grandma cut in
"Sidi, I called you here to inform you, that I have accepted you as my daughter - In law....... From my consultation I was told you are highly fertile. And you're the type of woman I want for my son." She uttered with a broad smile.
"I'm very grateful for this wonderful surprise ma,but I'm afraid my boss might not accept me." she replied with a scowling face.
"All I want from you is to change your mode of dressing and your outlooks. If truly I sheltered Ibrahim in my womb for nine months before coming to this world, and breast fed him for almost two years, he has no choice than obeying my orders and fulfilling my wishes" she confidently said as she beat her chest.
"Grandma thank you ma! I'm promising you that you'll never regret making me your daughter - in law. And on the issue of my dressing I'm ready to comply with whatever stated rules and conditions that will please my boss." She replied smiling.
"Alright my daughter, I trust you. I believe you'll excel in my son's house beyond my expectations?" She rhetorically asked .
Siddiqah spent hours at Grandma's house, assisting her with the house chores and cooking of meals before leaving for her own house..

---------------------------------------------
Ibrahim and other brothers in his masjid tried their best to save Abu Sulaim's life but he died a week after the surgery. His death spread like a wild fire. Families, friends and acquaintances were gathered to give him his last respect.. After his Jannazah, Habeebah decided to spend some time with Umm Sulaim alongside some of the bereaved friends and families.

"All praise be to Allah
"Every soul will taste of death. And ye will be paid on the Day of Resurrection only that which ye have fairly earned. Whoso is removed from the Fire and is made to enter Paradise, he indeed is triumphant. The life of this world is but comfort of illusion."- 3:185 -   ..
Furthermore Allah says "Give glad tidings to those who patiently endure, who say when afflicted with a calamity:"To Allah we belong and to Him we return." They are those on whom (descend) blessings and mercy from their Lord, and they are the ones who receive guidance." [Surah Al-Baqarah: 155-157]
At the demise of the grandson of the prophet (pbuh) he consoled his daughter with the word:
"Inna lillāhi mā akhadha wa lahū mā a'tā, wa kullun 'indahū bi 'ajalim-musammā, faltasbir waltahtasib."
Translation: Whatever Allāh takes is His, and whatever He gives is His, and everything has an appointed time. So be patient and seek rewards. (Al-Bukhārī)

We all came to this world as a nobody and we'll leave as nobody. Umm Sulaim! I salute your courage and display of high level of eeman... It's true you love him, but insha Allah your love will continue in Jannah... Nonetheless, There are several ways of remembering the dead. By engaging in sadaqah on his behalf, leaving behind good offsprings who prays for him. or any forms of charity the deceased has done in his lifetime. Hence there is no three days or eight days fidau.
Ummu Sulaim, Please be patient and endure, Allah ease your affairs, suffice you and make your children the coolness of eyes." Habeebah admonished...
Everyone present chorused "Aameen."

---------------------------------------------

"A friend in need is a friend indeed." Habeebah glady stood behind her widow friend. She gave her foodstuff, cash and other relieving materials. She went to her house almost everyday in order to give her hopes of living . She admonishes and counselles her whenever she went there.

Habeebah sought permission from her husband to empower her that day, as conversation ensued between them.

"Habeeby, I'm thinking of empowering Ummu Sulaim. You know I'm a caterer by profession, I only stopped when I couldn't conceive in time. So, I'm thinking of empowering her alongside some three widows who came to pay condolence visit to her some days ago.Very soon she will run out of those foodstuff and cash. Who'll employ a woman in her forties? As a woman in iddah with no financial support, she can go out to earn a better living for herself and family... After training them I'll empower them with some basic equipments, help in advertising their skills on my blog site and connect them with my old customers, insha Allah..... Or what do you think darling ?" She asked for his opinion.

"Bravo! That's lovely! You won't believe I've been trying to figure out a better way of helping her and her eight children, forgotten my wife is  smarter than me... Insha Allah I'm promising you my support both financially and moraly. If you need anything from me don't hesitate to demand hun?" He promised with a cheerful expression.

"AlhamduliLlah! I'm very grateful to Allah for endowing me with my own spouse. Without anyone telling me,I know I'm fortunate to have you as the king of my heart." She said with lot of affections towards her husband...

Ibrahim's phone rang, it was a call from Siddiqah.

"Sir, I want to remind you of our last discussion" she said from the other end.
"SubhanaLlah! I almost forgot, okay let's do it this way, insha Allah we'll discuss about it tomorrow." He replied.
"Alright sir, I'll be expecting. Extend my teslim to Ummu." siddiqah said.
Ibrahim hungup the call, he could sense a strong expression of curiosity on his wife's face.

"Zawjatee, it was a call from Siddiqah my secretary. You won't believe she now wears full Khimar. In fact the first time I spotted it on her, I was marveled and couldn't believe my sight not until she approached me for a mualimat who'll be teaching her more about Qur'an and Sunnah. Though, I have no one in mind but I've promised to help her get one, to encourage her." He relinquish the flames of her curiosity.

"Allahu Akbar! So, Siddiqah can change all of a sudden?  I'm very happy for. Finally Allah has shown her the light of the Deen. My love, I'll be glad if you can allow me be her teacher?" She uttered joyfully.

"Maa sha Allah! Exactly my thoughts, but I don't want to inconvenient you. Anyway it's an act of Jihad and it's highly rewarding." Ibrahim explained.
"Tell her to resume whenever she's ready, but that will be on Saturdays and Sundays due to her work or what do you think? Habeebah expressed.
"You're wright my love. JazakiLlahu kayran for relieving me of this." He thanked.
"Aameen wa anti fajazakallahu Kayran." She responded.

AlhamduliLlah! Habeebah was able to fulfill her promise. In no time Umm Sulaim and other widows had highly benefited from her knowledge. Two months after initiating the programme she was able to get fifty applicants including Muslim and non-Muslim women. Some of them who are not widows claim their husband are living corpses because of lack of shouldering thier responsibilities and that of their kids..

One beautiful morning, Habeebah was training her on-line students in catering class, when the entrance door alarm rang, she opened the door and saw her mother in law, her heart skipped because she was the least person Habeebah was expecting.
"Assalam Alaykum ma." She greeted ..

To be cont'd.. 
Olafiku Maryam Umm Muslimah.

Comments

POST YOU MAY LIKE

UNIVERSITIES TO CANCEL 2019/2020 ACADEMIC SESSION

Tales

Tales

INTRODUCTION TO EMAIL MARKETING 2024

Tales

What If Low Carb Diets Can Cure Diabetes And Heart Diseases

General Principle of Law: List of Source of Nigeria Law with terms under them

Tales

Tales

Tales