Tales


Tales Of A Widow
Episode 4:




Ibrahim checked her room but not found.
"Where could she be?" he asked with a worried look. He checked  the bathroom but couldn't find her then, he decided to check the guest room,
alas ! She was found reclining on a pillow asleep ,he felt sorry for her but couldn't display it in the presence of his mother... "Mahbuby" he whispered in her ears, she opened her eyes and saw the duo, her mother-in-law stood akimbo. She then said,

"Maami I've been anticipating your arrival , I was actually rearranging this room before sleeping off , I know you love sleeping here!
Please ma forgive me for whatever I have done"..... Ibrahim's mother interjected.

"My dear , you haven't done anything wrong, all you did was not  informing  me of your pregnancy earlier, I'm sorry , I shouldn't have yelled at you . My impatience  drove  me crazy.
In spite of all the harassment and embarrassment you still chose to accord me respect  as you would have done to your mother , no wonder my son loves you this much." Habibah fell into her embrace with her trickling tears.

"It's alright dear" she said as she wipe her tears
"Now I'll take whatever you offer me to my satisfaction, after all it's the fruit of my labour" everyone laughed. Then she showered lots of prayers on her daughter in-law and the unborn child.

Habeebah served everyone Amala, ewedu and gbegiri soup alongside some beef and ponmo
"Hmm this is luscious" she commented.
"I've known you to be a great cook , but the one you prepared today is delectable,  you have prepared your husband's favourite, you really know the key to his heart".
 "Funny maami" Habeebah said with a curve smile.
Immediately after the meal , Habeebah packed the dishes and glasses to the kitchen ,and which she  washed subsequently. She headed her room , then went to the bathroom to take shower. She resumed to her laptop . Habibah was a blogger , and also a motivational writer of beautiful Islamic write-ups.

---------------------------------------------------

In the sitting room , Ibrahim and his mother were ensued in conversations. Then, he cleared his throat, "Hmm ....Maami do you know Allah is the only supreme being and the only one who knows the Unknown and the Unseen, isn't it"  his mother answered immediately but couldn't fathom what he was trying to insinuate

"Of course! That is why He is God."
 "Then maami why consulting fortune tellers? These people will only receive money from you , knowing fully well their  prophecies are fake.

Allah says ....."He is God: there is no god other than Him. It is He who knows what's hidden(al-Ghayb) as well as what is apparent" ...( Quran 2 vrs 255) .. This means only Allah knows tomorrow.

 Prophet Muhammad ( SAW) also said:
"Whosoever goes to a fortune teller and asks him about something, his prayer will not be accepted for forty nights" .. Sahih Muslim

 For instance you were  told my wife and I won't have children together in this marriage,  but see what Allah has done in our lives..
Please ma! Stop patronising these people, they can't  solve your problems , they will only add to it . No one  has the pen of writing one's destiny except Allah . And everything about our journey in life has been decreed. The pen has been lifted and the ink is dry"

"I'm only protecting my children, I mean no harm". She admitted.
"I have full confidence in your clean mind and your sincere intentions but Maami. Allah alone is sufficient for whoever relies on Him." He admonished.
"Alright I'll stop hence forth .You are right, Allah is the only problem solver''

"Hmm that's my Mom , have you forgotten this same man never had a stable marriage? all his wives are irresponsible elements . They are always causing chaos in the neighborhood. If one is not a drunkard the other will be an adulterer. If he really knows tomorrow , he ought to have married responsible women." His mother nodded in agreement.
"You are right my son , you've spoken a plain truth I give you my word I won't patronise him anymore".

"AlhamduliLlah! I'm happy for you Maami , you are the best mother in the whole world!" He said as he rose up from the couch.

"Have a great night ahead! Oko mi!  Your wife must be waiting for you, go to her."  She said and headed her room.......
For Episode 5 click here
To be contd.
Olafiku Maryam Umm Muslimah

Comments

Post a Comment

Drop your Comment here

POST YOU MAY LIKE

UNIVERSITIES TO CANCEL 2019/2020 ACADEMIC SESSION

Tales

Tales

INTRODUCTION TO EMAIL MARKETING 2024

What If Low Carb Diets Can Cure Diabetes And Heart Diseases

Tales

Tales

General Principle of Law: List of Source of Nigeria Law with terms under them

Tales

Tales