Tales


Tales Of A Widow 
Season 2  Episode 18



Episode 18

Grandma bursted into a heavy laughter...

"Finally, my God has vindicated me! So, it's not only Habeebah that orders you around, her families do as well.. AlhamduliLlah! Praise be to my God! My prayers have been answered. What's the benefit of a barren? Ibrahim can't you see my dream has been actualized ? If your in-laws want you both separated, why wasting your time and effort to mend a broken calabash...?" Grandma said unpleasantly.

"Maami are you for real? My sorrows and pains are
 your dreams? Perhaps you are the first mother in this world that celebrates her son's trauma and pains. All because of what? Can't you just pretend to be nice for a second? It's obvious the love you have for me is just verbally... I know you don't love me heartily. Maybe when I'm dead you'll be the happiest mother in the world for knowing the beginning and the end of your son.... "Ibrahim flared with anger.

"Olakunle oko mi(my beloved) nothing of such will happen to you.. You will not die insha Allah. You'll live long to see your children and grandchildren, whatever I'm doing is for your own good. Very soon you will thank your mother. She said smiling.

Ibrahim shook his head and he deep a heavy breath.

"It seems you'll never come around to accept my plea. Maami, please for Allah sake, don't do this to me..."He sobbed.

However, Fareedah had given Grandma a call earlier that she will be visiting her.. . So, she entered and they all exchanged the tesleem.

"Brother why these tears? What of your wife? How is she?" Fareedah inquired worriedly.
Ibrahim took a grip on himself to explain everything, to his sister.

"Maami, can I see you privately?" She asked, as the two headed Grandma's room.

"Maami, what's all these? But you promised me you won't meddle in their affairs. Why did you drive Habeebah out of her home.? Fareedah asked with a scowling face.

"Fareedah, how can you expect me cross leg and fold my arms till my son's life get ruined. Ibrahim is my first son, I must protect him from Habeebah's shackles, Grandma replied.

"Maami, let me tell you something. If this boomerang on any of your children, most especially the females . You'll never be forgiven.. "Fareedah shrewd and left the scene for the living room.

"Brother Ibrahim, stop begging Maami! I'll accompany you to your in-laws place.." Fareedah said pitifully.

"Fareedah, JazakiLlahu kayran! But it doesn't make any difference. Maami created the mess. So, she must clean it up. The only condition I was given, is to come with my mother to assure them, such incident won't reoccur."
Ibrahim pleaded severally but it fell on Grandma's deaf ears.

"How can you expect me to beg in front of your in-laws like a criminal, I haven't committ any crime.  If they'd given their daughter a good and proper  upbringing, she wouldn't have ended up as a deceit.. How can she compel my son to hid such a thing from me without thinking twice." She said unflustered.

Ibrahim left his mother's house for his own .

"Maami! Can't you see, you're traumatizing your own son?For Allah's sake why? My brother is shattered. Oh! Maami you won't go right? I know what to do." Fareedah said as she took her exit.

 Directly after getting home, Fareedah called her elder sister Sharifah, and her immediate elder brother Yunus, to inform them about the issues transpiring between Grandma and Ibrahim..

The next day the three siblings were present at their mother's house excluding Ibrahim.

What a nicely thought! So, you have all decided, to pay a surprise visit to your mother.. That's good!" She praised.

Grandma exchanged pleasantries with her children and also asked after their families.

"Maami, is it true, you've driven Habeebah away from her matrimonial home and my younger brother Ibrahim has been pleading you, to go with him to call her back but you refused? "Sharifah asked sternly after minutes of familiarity.

"Ohhh! I see! This is why, you have all decided to gang against your own mother. What has Habeebah done for you all? Sharifah! My instinct told me already, that you are only here to criticize your mother.... When was the last time you Came to Lagos to visit me? Now, you're here to pick quarrels isn't it? Fareedah, this was your plan right? She replied with a grim.

"Maami, if I've not been becoming for you, it isn't my fault. You know the two of us are like oil and water. We seldomly agree with each other. And I'm happy we your children took after our father...If not, our family might have turned to something else... Perhaps that's the reason you've been meddling in Ibrahim's marital life. Have you forgotten I had my first child after two years of my marriage? AlhamduliLlah! My mother in-law is not like you..If not I would have been driven out of my husband's house exactly the way you did to Habeebah.
 Maami that lady is going through a lot. Who can understand better than the one, who was once or presently in her shoes... I know what it feels like, to be a Trying To Conceive mother. If you truly love your son Ibrahim as you proclaim, the best thing to do as a mother, is to go with him to bring back his wife..."She said scornfully.

"Shareefah thanks, for saying this to my face. And for reminding me of how terrible, horrible and wicked I am as a mother. But it's not your fault.." Grandma  screamed.

"Maami, please now, It isn't as if you haven't done this before.. You've gone with my elder brother before, to seek for Habeebah's hand in marriage.. So, it doesn't make a difference if you go now. Yunus pleaded.

"All of you are selfish! I know why you are doing this. You're only pretending to love my Ibrahim because of the money he gives you... Don't you want him to have children in his life? ... If you all love him sincerely you would have advice him to marry again .. Fareedah! In fact you have lessened my job. I won't have to go round inviting you all, to my son's second marriage."Grandma said with a faint smile.

"Second marriage?" The three siblings asked chorusedly.

"Yes! Second marriage! If Ibrahim's in-laws can give him a condition, his mother has the right to do more. Now that you've gang against me, because of Habeebah.....

I have accepted to go with Ibrahim to bring his wife home.. But on one condition! And the condition is that Ibrahim must marry the woman of my choice!" She declared.

"Who is that" Sharifah and Fareedah inquired jointly.

"Siddiqah! Ibrahim's secretary... I have made a thorough consultation on her, I've discovered she's highly fertile and truly loves my son.." Grandma replied as she left for her room...

Sharifah couldn't stop Laughing.
"Wonder shall never cease ! Finally, Maami has turned to a chief commander.. ah..aah... hhh.  Maami the dreadful warlord!" She exclaimed with a sacarsm.

"AlhamduliLlah! Maami has agreed. I don't see anything wrong or difficult in adding another wife. If brother Ibrahim wants to live peacefully, he needs to fulfill our mother's wishes." Yunus adviced.

"It's easy for you to say because you are man,  how will Habeebah feel? What if my brother doesn't like Siddiqah?" Fareedah retorted.

"Fareedah! And what will become of Habeebah if Maami, didn't go for her? Even if her parents allow her return to her husband's house without Maami's acknowledgement, Maami still won't let her live in peace... This is the only way to settle this dispute." Yunus replied.

"Yunus, will Ibrahim accept this condition? Sharifah inquired with a baffled expression.

"If he truly wants his wife back home and want to restore peace with Maami. He has no choice than to Obey Maami's orders ." Yunus concluded..

"I pray the outcome turn out to be good. As it is, I'm returning to Ibadan today...Yunus, you are a man, find a better way to explain to Ibrahim. And I hope Habeebah will understand.." Sharifah said as she left for Grandma's room to  bade her farewells.

"Maami, I'm heading home. This is what I brought for you" she said calmly as she handed some Naira notes to her.

"How do you expect me to collect this, after all the insults, moreover you came here not because of me." Grandma said as she turned her face from her.
"I'm sorry ma, I was only trying to support my brother. Maami, you should be happy your children love one other. Besides, I took that from you now.... Please Maami! Or don't you want me to attain home safely?"

Grandma cut in

"That will never happen! Insha Allah! You will arrive home safely..." She said and eventually collected the money..

That's my mother! The one and only dreadful warlord in our family! Even my father was always afraid of you.."
Sharifah teased and headed home.

To be cont'd

Olafiku Maryam Umm Muslimah.

Comments

POST YOU MAY LIKE

UNIVERSITIES TO CANCEL 2019/2020 ACADEMIC SESSION

INTRODUCTION TO EMAIL MARKETING 2024

Tales

Tales

What If Low Carb Diets Can Cure Diabetes And Heart Diseases

Tales

Tales

General Principle of Law: List of Source of Nigeria Law with terms under them

Tales

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A MUSLIM CHILD EPISODE 1