Tales


TALES OF A WIDOW SEASON 2 EPISODE 20


SEASON 2
EPISODE 20

It was late in the evening, Ibrahim headed his mother's house, after closing from work. As he drove towards Grandma's house. He couldn't stop thinking about his wife.

He deep a sigh!

"Hope I'm doing the right thing? Accepting my mother's wish, is the only way to give peace to Habeebah. How I wish I had another way of pleasing Maami. My mother is my path to Jannah and my wife is my partner in Jannah. I have to balance the equation between them. It's true my wife understands the concept of plolygyny. But will she accept without constraints ? Every Zawjah wants to be the only queen in her Zawj's kingdom. I hope Habeebah will understand my love for her is genuine. Even if I marry three more  wives, the love of Habeebah will always increase in my heart. I'll only need to create space for others in my heart."He soliloquized in the car..

After some minutes of driving he reached his mother's house. Grandma was in her shop discussing with her  friend. Shortly after exchanging pleasantries, her friend left... Afterwards, Ibrahim and his mother went inside.

"Olakunle! How is work?" She asked with a curve smile. 

"AlhamduliLlah! Maami I heard about the condition you gave me. And I'm ready to accept it. I'll do whatever you want, in as much you'll promise never to humiliate  or trouble my wife anymore whether in my presence or absence. Ibrahim frankly said.

"My Ibrahim is back ! I'm happy you're now in your right senses... Can you now see I was right all this while. Immediately Habeebah left your house you returned to the Ibrahim I used to know before your marriage." Grandma felicitated.
Maami! Can we go to my  in-laws place right now? Because I came here for that. He replied sharply.

"I believed you've accepted because you're an ambassador of truth. But you might have a change of mind, after bringing that woman home." Grandma declined.

"My son, today is Thursday.....Let's do it this way we'll go to  Siddiqah's parents to seek for her hand in marriage on Saturday... Her parents will give us the date of your marriage.. Then, the next day I'll gladly go with you to wherever you wish to."She said smiling.

"Maami just like that ! What do you think ? I'm doing this for you? You got it wrong .I'm only doing this because my Jannah lies in you. I can go to my  in-laws place to bring back my wife without you if I wish to... All I'll do is to denounce you as a mother, and tell the world I don't have a mother anymore ... But AlhamduliLlah! For Islam that taught me mothers are milestones to attaining one's Jannah. ... I know I can't repay what you've done in my life... Perhaps this is the reason why some polygynous homes are discouraging... In a situation where a man is being pressurized by his mother to add wives, how will such a man be fair and just between his wives? He'll always recline on one, than the other... Maami listen good! I'm neither marrying Siddiqah because of you, nor because I want a child desperately, But because I don't want my Jannah to turn to hell. Hence I'm pleasing Allah through you and He is the only one who gives children not Siddiqah or anybody.
Now, I'm ready to do whatever you wish, in fact you can even gun me down ... After all you're my mother and I'll forever be indebted to you for that..... See you on Saturday morning. "Ibrahim uttered with traces of pains in his voice.

Directly after, he made the teslim and took his exist.

Grandma rushed to her bedroom with tears in her eyes as she threw herself to the bed.

My Ibrahim! How can you say this to your mother? I love you more than the rest of my children.... I don't despise you. I only want to carry your children... Why will I hate my first son, who is always after my happiness? You'll denounce me as a mother? The day that happens I'll kill myself. Because I won't be able to see my favorite child disown me.. Ahhh... hhhhhh... hhhhh! Ibrahim! How can you say this to your mother without any hindrance? Seeing you in pains makes my life miserable. If you have listened to me initially you wouldn't have ended up with that barren.... "Grandma sobbed uncontrollably ...

----------------------------------------------------

Ibrahim fulfilled his promise, he went with his mother, Yunus, his two uncles, an aunt and Abass his youngest brother, to Siddiqah's parents for the introduction ceremony.... Sharifah and Fareedah ignored the invitation by their mother... After the introduction ceremony, the two families finalized the date of their marriage to take place in a month time.

The next day, Grandma accompanied Ibrahim to Abu Summaya's house. On getting there she apologized for her behavior and embraced Habeebah... Grandma promised Habeebah's family, that such heart wrenching scenes won't reoccur. Though Habeebah noticed some strange behaviors in Grandma but didn't attach any meaning to it.

The couple were back together happily. Ibrahim decided to absent himself from work for two days to make up for the time being separated from each other . They spent a day enjoying each other's company and the second day for picnic and shopping.

Ibrahim kept on rehearsing, how to relate his second marriage to his wife.

"How do I tell her? I hope it won't change anything between us? What if she disagreed? What will I say or do?" He couldn't stop soliloquizing and anytime their eyes met he'll quickly changed the direction of his gaze or fake a smile.

Ibrahim couldn't hide it any longer, he finally summoned the courage to tell his wife.

"Habeebaty, there's something that has been bothering me for a while now and I think the best thing to do is to relieve my mind off it. But promise me it won't affect our marriage." He said as he glued to her.

"Habeeby, is there anything that can change the affection and the love between us ? I don't think so. Because no matter what, you'll always be my sweetheart." Habeebah said with a lovely smile.

"My love, Maami gave me a condition before coming with me to your house." He said with a shaking voice.

"A condition? What type of condition is that?"  Habeebah asked bewildered.

"That I must marry another woman before she come for you and I agreed." Ibrahim announced.

"Habeeby, stop that joke it's quite expensive." Habeebah said smiling.

"For real! I'm dead serious!" He admitted.

"I trust you! You won't do such a thing right? She asked.

"Habeebty, I'm sorry please forgive me...I  had no other option to bring you back home except this way and she's someone you know."Ibrahim said as he clung to her.
"Who is the person?" She inquired
"Siddiqah!"
"Which one?" She inquired further.
"My secretary." Ibrahim announced.
"No! Tell me you're joking." She frowned.
"I'm sorry.." Ibrahim pleaded.
"No!!! It can't beee.. ee. e." She screamed.


To be cont'd. 
Olafiku Maryam Umm Muslimah.

Feel free to share your thoughts on the Article by dropping your Comments at the Box

Comments

POST YOU MAY LIKE

UNIVERSITIES TO CANCEL 2019/2020 ACADEMIC SESSION

Tales

Tales

General Principle of Law: List of Source of Nigeria Law with terms under them

What If Low Carb Diets Can Cure Diabetes And Heart Diseases

Tales

INTRODUCTION TO EMAIL MARKETING 2024

Tales

Tales

Tales