Tales


        Tales Of A Widow
      SEASON 2 Episode 11



Episode 11:

"Maami You are back! I heard your..friend's grandson has just...
Her mother cut in..
Fareedah! So, your brother didn't tell you about Habeebah's miscarriage as well?
"The Habeebah I was discussing about, is my friend not my brother's wife."

"Do I look like a numskull? I've been listening to your conversations for a while now. I heard everything you said. My God is a merciful One.. He will never give a shield to an hypocrite. Habeebah wants to ruin my son's life...I knew from the beginning she will turn out to be a barren... I know my son is a real man,but Habeebah is his problem. Only God knows the number of miscarriages she has hidden from me .She must have compelled my son, not to inform me.
My poor Ibrahim! How I wish you've listened to me and got married to my choice. And I warned you my shehu said the both of you, won't have children together. But you prefer marrying that scumbag to listening to your own mother .
Habeebah must be happy right now, thinking she has settled in my son's house but never! I won't allow her, distroy his life. She must leave! She has hypnotised him .I must find a way to neutralize her charm to set my son, free from her bondage.

"Grandma! You will do nothing of such,they must have kept this from you to avoid chaos. Maami please for Allah's sake, leave them alone . Very soon you will carry my brother's children in yours arm and swag them with your back. Ever since Habeebah has come into our family, she has been good to everyone one of us. I could remember the time my marriage almost got fragmented due to misunderstandings between my husband and I, she was unrest till she exposed the evil plotter. Maami please don't destroy her marriage..why did you ask me to come here in the first place?"

"I called you here to give you some foodstuffs. I know you need it now."
"Grandma, I'm blaming myself for dashing here right now, if I had known that stopping over will cause mayhem, I wouldn't have."
"Was your brother able to give you the money you requested from him?"

"Yes! He did! In fact he gave me more than enough."
"I trust my son! He's always after everyone's happiness. That Habeebah is his greatest mistake." she replied.
"So,you know my brother wants good for everyone yet, you won't let him live in peace and accept the love of his life. Grandma! If you're bent on following your wish, I won't take these foodstuffs with me to my house. I prefer to die of hunger to betraying my loving brother." she uttered with a stern.

"You better take these home for my grandchildren and their father. Their favourite snacks and beverages are also among the contents . Listen to me, you are not betraying anyone here, infact this is the way your loving brother will be free from her bondage and a way to have an hier. Will you support that lowlife girl or your own mother?"
"Grandma! There are no two sides here, there is only one. Because, we are one big happy family."

"Alright! I've heard you. I won't do anything. Will you now take these with you.?"
"Maami, are you for real? Can I take this as a promise?" she demanded with a surprise.
"Oko mi. Mo ti gbo. ( I've accepted your plea) she uttered with a shaggy laughter.
Fareedah was happy, her mother conceded to her plea, and departed for her home.
--------------------------------------------------
The next day, Ibrahim's mother called her son that she would be coming to pay him a visit at his office.
"Oko mi! Are you in office? Because I'm on my way there."
"Maami ! You should have asked me to come over now, instead of stressing yourself." He pitied.
"Dear! I'm coming there to see my friend who stays close to your office... I will branch there before going to her house."
"Alright ma. Allah will make it easy for you." He shrugged.

When she reached her son's company, she went  directly to Siddiqah's desk to call her for a tete a tete discussion. The both of them went to a secretive place to discuss.

"Sidi, I need you to tell me everything you know about my son's wife miscarriage" .. Siddiqah heaved a sigh of relief!
"Ma! I was scared before. But now, I understand you're here to see me for something important.

 I thought you were less concerned about my boss's barreness not until now. Ma, you see! I don't think Oga's wife can give him a child oo, because my friend told me her chance of bearing children is a slim one. After her miscarriage it was discovered that one of her tubes has been damaged.
"MO gbe mo daran(I'm doomed) Habeebah has ruined my life" Ibrahim's mother cut in.

"And from the way I observe my boss, he won't even look at any other woman for once, except that life wrecker is out of his house." She uttered with a hidden smile like someone whose mischievous plan had been carried out.

The expression on Grandma's face was not different from that of a bird captured in a cage, as her breathing could be heard a few meters away from her. She flagged her two hands on her head, blinking her eyes intermittently and trying to maintain her posture...
"Ah! I'm ruined! Sidi but it seems you love my son from your expression." She teased.
"Ma, you're right I truly love him. In fact I can die for him. But my boss has never shown interest in me for once.  Each time I see him I always feel pity for him. He deserves to be happy because he's a good man... He has being my crush ever since I joined this company. She replied..

"For this wonderful favour you've done to me, you're already my son's wife"she replied.
"Really? Thank you ma, may you live long ma." She said as she knelt down and left..

"Omo daa daa! (a well trained child!), Habeebah has never knelt for me since she entered my son's life. Sidi will be a good wife for him, but I still need to consult my Shehu before taking any step" she thought to herself and headed to her son's office ..

To be cont'd 
Olafiku Maryam Umm Muslimah.

Comments

POST YOU MAY LIKE

UNIVERSITIES TO CANCEL 2019/2020 ACADEMIC SESSION

Tales

Tales

INTRODUCTION TO EMAIL MARKETING 2024

Tales

What If Low Carb Diets Can Cure Diabetes And Heart Diseases

General Principle of Law: List of Source of Nigeria Law with terms under them

Tales

Tales

Tales