Tales


Tales Of A Widow Season 2 Episode 17


Episode 17:

Ummu Habeebah and Abu Summaya, patiently anticipated the arrival of Ibrahim and his wife. Afterwards, the couple emerged from the guest room. Habeebah's mother couldn't stop her beautiful smile.. Habeebah sat beside her mother blushing.
Ibrahim on the other hand sat beside his friend.

 "We've been waiting for long, is my sister running away?" He teased Ibrahim.

"Don't you think you can only judge me, the day Ummu Summaya leave you to return after many days?"Ibrahim whispered to his friend....Then two friends laughed heartily.

They resumed from their laughter and the meeting commenced.

"AlhamduliLlah!
I'm happy we are all here, hale and hearty... But sad on the other hand, because the reason behind this impromptu meeting, was tumultuous. When I returned from my business trip, I noticed my sister was gloomy and pale. Even if she didn't spill out the whole reason for her coming here. I knew there was more to it.
Ibrahim, I respect you a lot, because you're a brother with a heart of gold, ever since we became friends, you've always been proving you are a man of words and actions. The day, you unsealed the feelings you have towards my sister, at first I was reluctant to tell her. because, she is endowed with a fragile heart that can bear no pain.
 And One can only know the true nature of a man when you give a woman's hand in marriage to him. And I wouldn't want her get married to an heartless husband.. But later, my mind was at peace when I see how you adore and care for her after marriage.

Now that your mother had sent her of her home I'm tensed. She was driven away from her home coupled with the fact, that reasons why she was driven out from her matrimonial home is beyond everyone's control... Obviously! My sister cannot give herself children except Allah wills. Insha Allah! Very soon Habeebah, you'll carry your own children with your hands, "Aameen" Everyone chorused .....
My friend, how are we sure such incident will not reoccur?" Hassan said calmy with a dismeanor.
Umm Habeebah interjected.

"Abu Summaya, JazakaLlahu kayran for your concern, accepting your sister and giving her all comfort throughout her stay in your house. May Allah bless you and your family. Aameen.

The answer to the question you asked Ibrahim is this, if we want to prevent this incident from reoccurring, Habeebah's mother in- law will have to come here, in order to come to terms with us that it won't repeat itself. She is coming here neither to apologize,nor to be rebuked, but to make peace with my daughter... And agree with us that no matter what, Habeebah will never be sent out of her home again ... Until then my daughter will remain here." Umm Habeebah said unaguably.

Ibrahim and Habeebah stared at each other in bewilderment and had their mouth agape... Ibrahim couldn't find a better way of convincing his in-laws that such a sad occurrence will not happen again... And the meeting ended..
Ibrahim and his wife was left with no other choice, than staying away from each other till the matter was able to be resolved.. He gave Habeebah his phone, after inserting her found Sim card in it.

"Zawjatee! This is indeed a test  from Allah, I want us to be more prayerful and steadfast.. Maybe after this trial we'll be victorious . Ummy is not to be blamed, she's only after her daughter's well-being. It's true it might reoccur and your Ibrahim can't always be around you twenty four hours in a day. So, it's better we put an abrupt to this.." Ibrahim expressed with a weak voice.

"And if Maami refused to show up, what will happen?" Habeebah asked worriedly.

"Habeebty let's be optimistic! Insha Allah she will come for you... Insha Allah I'll go to her, to make peace with her. Once I've been able to do that I'll call you.. My love don't you have faith in your Ibrahim? He asked confidently.

"I do! Allah will make it easy for us." Habeebah prayed.
------------------------------------------------

Ibrahim was lost in thoughts. He deep an heavy sigh! As he raised his head from the large table in his office.

"Till when will our love be tested? I'm just trying to be strong, but in reality I've been weakeaned with all these trials..... Maami went through a lot in raising us. After loosing her husband, she died emotionally since then. No one to support us, there were times she worked as a maid just to feed us. She sacrificed a lot for her children . She ought to have remarried as a young woman, but she didn't. I can remember that day she sold all the jewelries she inherited from her mother to sponsor our education.

And my wife? She's the best thing that has ever happened to me. I can't trade her for a fortune. I love her so much. She's always after my happiness. She loves and respects me and has always been the comfort of my eyes... Is this the reason why Allah is testing me? But loving someone is never a crime... If only Maami could understand everything is in the hands of Allah. Even if Habeebah is not my wife I might still not have children yet....
 Come what may if Maami wants by happiness, she'll have to accompany me to my in-law's house to bring my wife home....I've always strive to be a good son to her. So, she has no alternative than going with me to my in-laws, if she truly wants me alive..." He soliloquized.

Ibrahim called his wife with his new phone.

"Assalam Alaykum, Zawjatee right now I'm heading Maami's house, hopefully the two of us will be there tomorrow." Ibrahim wished.

"Allah will make it easy for you. I pray she agrees." Habeebah prayed, and hung up the call.

"Ummy, what if Maami didn't succumb? Will I have to stay here  for the rest of my life? I know my mother in-law  will never swallow her pride. Don't you think that condition is quite challenging? Only Allah knows what my husband must be going through. And the most painful part of it, is that I'm not with him, to give him a shoulder to lean on...'' Habeebah said softly.

"Habeebah stop sounding like a woman who is being devoid of her husband's love. I know what I'm doing. Your mother in-law is very much aware, you were not fed and brought up in an orphanage home. She is cognizant, you have a family to run to. So, you want us to accept the insults she robed on our faces? If she truly loves her son as she claims... Vividly she'll come here....this matter is not about you and your husband anymore. It's between two families.. If your father was still alive, I trust my husband! He won't condone such harassment and dehumanizing... Habeebah's mother uttered with a grimace.

I'm sorry Ummy! You're right ma..I think I uttered such statements because I'm selfish or because of the love my I have for my husband... "She said and reclined on her mother's shoulder, with her dripping tears..

Finally, Ibrahim got to his mother's house. Grandma was happy to see her son.
"Ibrahim my son, how are you? My son! You look pale and pertubed. What's the matter?" She asked worriedly.

"Maami! You and I know the reason for that. Of course! When your love is separated from you, it's a must to be disturbed emotionally don't you think so.?" He replied with a forceful smile.

"Metcheww..... If that's the case, you better take a grip on yourself and face reality."She said unperturbed.

"Maami, do you despise my wife this much? I was expecting you to ask, if I've found her or not ... But it seems you're happy she's missing... AlhamduliLlah!  I, Ibrahim Kolawole the son of Abdul-Wahab has found my wife... And your attention is needed at my in-laws place." He said frankly...

"What for?" She inquired scornfully.

"To come to terms with them, that you won't send their daughter out of her matrimonial home, henceforth..." Ibrahim replied.

"What?" Grandma screamed.

To be cont'd
Olafiku Maryam Umm Muslimah.

Comments

  1. Please always keep us update on the story on tales of widow

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Drop your Comment here

POST YOU MAY LIKE

UNIVERSITIES TO CANCEL 2019/2020 ACADEMIC SESSION

Tales

Tales

INTRODUCTION TO EMAIL MARKETING 2024

What If Low Carb Diets Can Cure Diabetes And Heart Diseases

Tales

Tales

General Principle of Law: List of Source of Nigeria Law with terms under them

Tales

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A MUSLIM CHILD EPISODE 1