Tales

Tales of a Widow continue


Tales of a widow

Episode: 2

Ibrahim concluded his prayers .. As  he  was returning home he remembered a visitor was coming.

"Subhanallah! I forgot to tell her Maami will be paying us a visit.  She must have arrived by now. I just hope the two get along with each other...... Till  when will she accept Habeebah as her daughter and not as daughter in-law" . He  asked  himself as he had a flashback, he remembered how he met his wife.

Habeebah was a sister to one of his friends . The first time they met, was when she came from school to check on her sick cousin brother. Though it's hard to believe they were cousins co's they were fond of each other . That day Ibrahim went visiting his friend Hassan, he branched a  Masjid near the hospital his sick friend was , to offer his missed salat,he reached out for the taps,unfortunately there was no water , he was stranded, couldn't figure out what to do. Habeebah who had been  in the Masjid earlier,  had gone in search of water. When she arrived ,she noticed Ibrahim also needed water for ablution she handed two sachets of water to him, he expressed his gratitude. afterwards the two offered their prayers and left .

Ibrahim got to his friend earlier than her because he was on ride. They were  discussing some issues when Habeebah walked in. Ibrahim could not believe his eyes.

"Assalam Alaykum waramatullahi wabarakaatuhu" she greeted  .
"Waalaykum Salaam waramatullahi wabarakaatuhu" The two friends responded....
".How is your health brother?" she enquired. "I'm sorry for not checking sooner I was actually writing my test in school".

 Hassan replied her, "don't be sorry , I understand, as you can see I'm fine. Doctor even told me I'll be discharged tomorrow" .

 "Alhamdullilah! That's a cheerful news. It's good to hear that!" As she turned her face towards the direction of  Ibrahim she was startled.They greeted each other once again.

"Have you met before?" Hassan asked . Of course ! He replied and explained how they met . Hassan was amazed......Ever since then Ibrahim could not stop from himself from thinking about her , he unsealed his feelings to his friend, he promised to talk to her. After series of conversations ,Habeebah finally  accept his proposal.

----------------------------------------------
Ibrahim was planning to inform his mother before she called him for impromptu discussion, a week after proposing Habeebah.......

"Ibrahim my son , hope you know you are my favorite child?"... He stopped his mother
 "Don't say that , you can't favour one child out of others."
"I know what I'm saying, among all of my children,you show me more love and care  than the rest. Any way, to cut the story short I want you to marry the daughter of my best friend Aminah" ...... Ibrahim cut in.

"Maami I also had the intentions  of informing you of a lady I just met and whom I love so much" who is she?  she questioned ."Her name is Habeebah", his mother's countenance changed.........He was about getting home when he stopped himself from thinking about his past.

Ibrahim reached his apartment he opened the door with salaam and met his mother on the couch.
"Where is Habeebah?" He asked    .....
Click here for Episode 3
To be cont'd........

Written by Olafiku Maryam Ummu Muslimah.

Comments

Post a Comment

Drop your Comment here

POST YOU MAY LIKE

UNIVERSITIES TO CANCEL 2019/2020 ACADEMIC SESSION

Tales

Tales

Tales

INTRODUCTION TO EMAIL MARKETING 2024

Tales

General Principle of Law: List of Source of Nigeria Law with terms under them

What If Low Carb Diets Can Cure Diabetes And Heart Diseases

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A MUSLIM CHILD EPISODE 1

Inspiration