Tales


Tales Continue



Tales of A Widow
Episode 3:

Ibrahim entered his apartment. He greeted his mother "Assalam Alaykum".
"Waalaykum Salam". His mother responded.
 "Where is Habeebah?" he asked.

As he raised his brow, he saw her eloping with two ceremic serving dishes from the center of the house... This is where his queen exhibit her different kinds of cooking skills. Through this Habeebah has been able to capture her husband's heart from crediting any other food except the one made with her wonder hands....

"Your food is set ma" she said politely to her mother in-law.
"Oh! you think I'm here for food, or do you think I'm a numskull? That's all you know how to do.
Cook, dress like a queen, spend my son's wealth and sleep like a log of wood everyday . If you can't give him a child, why not let him marry a fertile woman who will give him good children , please untie my son ...ebe laa n bosika , leave my son alone entrap someone else." She screamed.

"Habeebah go to your room" asked Ibrahim. And which she did instantly, He went to the kitchen to fetch a cup of chilled water and some doughnuts.

"Maami, I don't think you've tasted anything since you've arrived" he calmly said.
"How do you expect me to eat when I'm not a glutton? And I warned you against marrying this woman, I told you my shehu said no children will come out of this union. Yet, you went ahead to marry her. You should have married Aminah instead of her ,now she has a set of twins for her husband."

Ibrahim cleared his throat ... "Maami please drink some water for the sake of Allah" she collected the water but left the doughnuts untouched.
"Maami, I have three surprises for you. One for me, the other two for you. But I'll reveal yours first .

 I just got a landed property in your name and the second, is that you and Yunus, my younger brother are going for Hajj this year Insha Allah.
You and I were suppose to go last year ,if not for your sudden illness and which I have to go with Habeebah, Inshaa Allah! Yunus will be your mahram"...

"Ibrahim my son, you are a good child indeed . Thanks to you , you've been nothing  but the best child any mother would have wanted, since you were  young .
You are always after my happiness. Allah's blessings on you all the time, whatever you lay your hands on shall be successful, every endeavor of yours shall prosper." She prayed.

"Aameen ma ,all I want from you is prayers. Stop thanking me, you know my Jannah lies under your feet so I have to treasure it." He replied.

"How I wish you also have children of your own , who will be the coolness of your eyes , just as you are to me" she said with tears .
"Oh!  Maami stop this .. I wonder why women and tears are inseparable ,whether young or old."He said jokingly as he wipe her tears .
"You are not serious, you don't know how much I feel embittered whenever I remember your wife's  barrenness" she replied as she turned her face from her son .

"What if I tell you, your prayers had been answered" she rose up immediately.

"Wait oo is this the third surprise ?"  ..
"Of course ma! Habeebah is pregnant! He said happily.
She offered sajda shukro for her Creator .

"Is this not what you enjoined on me upon receiving any good news" she uttered with a broad smile.
"Hmm that's superb! You still remember, Insha Allah! I'll enroll you under the tutelage of a good mualimat ,I know you will be a brilliant student" he teasingly said .

"You ought to have done that a long time ago Co's your mother has grown greys now don't you think the mualimat will get tired of me soon?" Both mother and son chorused their laughter.....

"Iya ibeji! Where are you ooo! Where could she be ?" She called out
   Episode 4 here
To be contd...
Olafiku Maryam Umm Muslimah.

Comments

Post a Comment

Drop your Comment here

POST YOU MAY LIKE

UNIVERSITIES TO CANCEL 2019/2020 ACADEMIC SESSION

Tales

Tales

Tales

INTRODUCTION TO EMAIL MARKETING 2024

General Principle of Law: List of Source of Nigeria Law with terms under them

Tales

What If Low Carb Diets Can Cure Diabetes And Heart Diseases

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A MUSLIM CHILD EPISODE 1

Inspiration