Tales


             Tales of  A Widow
               Season 2 Episode 12



Episode 12:

Ibrahim was busy surfing through some files of business proposal his secretary just concluded typing, for a contract worth millions of Naira .
As he buried himself in this, his mother entered with a wry smile and left the door ajar...

"Assalam Alaykum" she greeted.
"Waalaykum Salaam ma! How is everyone at home ma." He asked.
She settled on a chair and rest her back.
"AlhamduliLlah! We are all fine... My son you look worried hope everything is fine? And your wife how is she?" She inquired.
"AlhamduliLlah! All is well ma... My wife is also fine." He replied.
"Ibrahim! Has Habeebah register for antenatal ?" She asked with a curve smile.
"Hmm very soon insha Allah!" He exclaimed.
"Maami, you look disturbed! Hope you're also fine?" He asked.
"My son, I'm fine okay! There is no calls for alarm. But it seems you want to share something with me right?" She asked for the second time.
"No! Ma" he replied.

"Alright son, my friend must be waiting for me. Let me take my leave so that you can go back to your work."
"Let me get some refreshment for you, before you take your leave" he offered.
"Never mind! I've had my fill to the brim, before coming here. Moreover you know I don't like all these soft drinks and roadside food, I'm sure my friend must have prepared an home made meal for me ... I wouldn't want to waste her food."
"Alright ma!" He shrugged.

Ibrahim accompanied his mother to the entrance of his company premises.
"Ma! Let me drive you to your friend's house" he offered.
"Don't bother ! I can manage. Go to resume to your work.. She replied.

He gave his mother a bundle of Naira notes she eulogized him, and he returned to his office ..
"Ahhh! My son still won't tell me the truth. I'm done for! Habeebah has completely casted a spell on him. It's high time I unleashed this spell,before it get out of hand".... She voiced out...

"The battle line has been drawn between Habeebah and I, let's see who wins".. Afterwards she departed.

--------------------------------------------------

Siddiqah was happy with the good news, her ears received that day.. "May God forgive me for lying about her damaged tube.. But, if I don't use that opportunity bestowed upon me, my future generations will never forgive me.. I just hope my faithful boss will accept my marriage alliance with him'' she soliloquized on her way home.

She got home and met her friend lying on the bed sleeping soundly in their one room apartment..
"In this Lagos, I must have my share in the National cake by hooks or crooks..

 I Siddiqah Diekola, the ambitious lady must take the goodness of this city to my poor and old parents village, anyone who comes my way shall regret the day he was driven to this mysterious world." She sternly said as she changed her wears from her long sleeves shirt and three quarter skirt to an armless top and a bom shot.

"Siddiqah, hope everything is fine?" Dupe her room mate asked.
"Dupe, I thought you were sound asleep. How was today's work?" she inquired.

"Your mutterings disrupted my lovely sleep. But your countenance is awesome after working tirelessly since day break.. My friend gist me now, what's the secret?" she asked with a leering looks..
"Dupe! All thanks to you! In fact, you've helped me achieve my goals after a long wait.. That valuable information you gave me about my boss's wife miscarriage has become a turning point in my life, as I speak to you I'm already Ibrahim's wife.. Very soon I'll give him an heir and become the crown queen of his dynasty." She uttered convincingly.

"What a nice poem! Sidi, what's the daydream all about. Till when will you stop dreaming about you becoming your boss's wife, when he won't even look at you for once. Moreover what favour have I done to you oh! Queen of dreamland kingdom ?" She uttered sarcastically with burst of laughter.

"Metchewww! Never underestimate me. You don't know anything oh! Poor girl." She exclaimed and detailed the discussion between her boss's mother and her.
"How dare you drag my name in the mud? All because of your whimsical goals.. As if that was not enough, you lied about her fallopian tube at the same time. The woman only  suffered a threatened abortion that's all. Oh! My God! And I told you I over heard this man telling my boss he would love to keep this from his family, most especially his mother. Sidi I regret that day I met you" she fumed.

"Enough! Ruqayyah, have you forgotten I solely paid for the rent of this room, before you get that job.. There are times I feed you and even gifted some of my precious wears to you. This is the time I need your cooperation and support.. Please let's make this work and conceal this as a secret, between you and I.. I'm begging please!" She pleaded.
"Sidi, you're right! I'm highly indebted to you, but never mind I'll repay everything in bits" she said repugnantly.
"I'm sorry friend! I never meant to hurt you.. Pardon my juvenile behaviour, after all, you a year older than me, you're like an elder sister to me. Don't you know that a friend to a queen is also a queen?" She cheered.

"Anyway, no problem what are friends for? But be careful, I just hope my image will not get tarnished in the process of enriching yourself... Getting a job in Lagos is overwhelming oo." Ruqayya retorted.

----------------------------------------------------

A week after, Ibrahim's mother called Siddiqah to come to her house for an important discussion.
"What could the bone of contention be? Siddiqah asked herself..
To be contd....

Olafiku Maryam Umm Muslimah.

Comments

Post a Comment

Drop your Comment here

POST YOU MAY LIKE

UNIVERSITIES TO CANCEL 2019/2020 ACADEMIC SESSION

Tales

Tales

INTRODUCTION TO EMAIL MARKETING 2024

Tales

What If Low Carb Diets Can Cure Diabetes And Heart Diseases

General Principle of Law: List of Source of Nigeria Law with terms under them

Tales

Tales

Tales