Tales


Tales Of A Widow Season 2 Episode 19



Episode 19

The next day, which was on Monday. Yunus headed  his elder brother's office to see him, concerning the outcome of the impromptu meeting they had with their mother.

Yunus entered his brother's office with Salaam, Ibrahim responded and two of them embraced each other.

"Yunus! How is everyone? Your wife and the little guest on the way?" Ibrahim asked cheerfully.

"AlhamduliLlah sir! We're all fine and good!" Yunus replied.

"Brother, why didn't you tell me about the rift that happened between Maami and your wife?" Yunus inquired as he had a seat.

"Yunus, I'm very sorry. In fact I'm happy you're here. Finally I have someone to share my problems with... The Ibrahim sitting in front of you, is emotionally drained, I don't even know what to do next.. I've pleaded Maami severally but to no avail."Ibrahim said sadly.

"Brother, I have a good news for you..Fareedah called me, as well sister Sharifah to explain everything to us. So, we decided to meet at my house and from there, we  headed Maami's house yesterday."Yunus informed.

"Do you mean sister Sharifah was here yesterday And I wasn't informed? Ibrahim asked in awe.
"Yes she was! It was more like a surprise visit for Maami.. After series of conversations she conceded eventually." Yunus detailed.

"Really! AlhamduliLlah. I trust my sister, she must have given Maami a beautiful tongue lashing" ... Ibrahim said as the two brothers laughed it out.
"As if you were there! But bro, Maami gave a condition."

"What's the condition? He inquired.

"You'll have to marry another woman." Said Yunus reluctantly.

"Why will she say such a thing? I don't even have anyone in mind for that.. Polygyny is not just a childish matter. It's meant for matured minded people. How can I just go into it, without planning for it. What if I don't have the capability." Ibrahim said as the smile on his face faded slowly.

"Brother, I don't think there's anything wrong in that, don't forget you're entitled to four as a Muslim...AlhamduliLlah! You're financially capable to husband two women, very soon you'll complete your mansion." Yunus persuaded.

"It's easier said than done! Why is Maami doing this? Sometimes I wish our father was still alive to talk sense in to her and curb her over domineering acts." Ibrahim lamented.

"If you don't fulfill our mother's wishes, she won't let you live in peace with your wife...Obeying her will be highly beneficial, it's not as if she requested you to bow in front of an idol.. Moreover you don't need to search for any woman. Maami has her own choice."Yunus advised.

"And who is her choice? Ibrahim keenly asked.

"Siddiqah!" Yunus exclaimed.

"Who is the Siddiqah you're referring to ?" Ibrahim asked

"Your secretary" he replied.

"What? Since when did the two became close.?" Ibrahim wondered.

"Aren't you aware?"

"That what?"

"She's been going to Maami's house for a while now. In fact I've met her there countless times, helping Maami with house chores and attending to her customers in her shop.... She even confessed to Maami, how much she loves you... And how she has been nurturing her feelings for you for a long time." Yunus replied .

Ibrahim laughed loudly..

"Really? Ahhh.... hhhh. I can't believe this! How come I'm the last person to know this.. Is this the reason why Siddiqah has decided to change her dressing to Khimar? I know what to do." Ibrahim said as wrinkles gathered on his face.

"Brother! Are you scared your wife won't agree to this? Perhaps you found a strange behavior in Siddiqah, since she joined your firm? " Yunus asked teasingly.

"Yunus, informing a woman she'll be given a co-wife is like announcing her death sentence. No woman sincerely wants a rival... And the question you asked about Siddiqah, I haven't found anything strange about her. She is highly dedicated to her job and also a respectful lady."Ibrahim replied.

"AlhamduliLlah for that! Don't forget we are Muslims, and your wife is well vast in Quran and Sunnah.. She's also a woman of Deen. I think she should be able to understand and reason with you." Yunus added.

"A woman will always be a woman! Even the Sahabbiyah sometimes, display jealousy among themselves, but because Allah has endowed them with Eeman and TaqwaLlah they easily forgive and pardon one another's shortcomings.
Any way JazakaLlahu kayran! I appreciate your effort. I'll also give a call to my two sisters as well.

Ibrahim accompanied his brother to the entrance to his company premises then returned to his desk, after a while..

As soon as he entered his office he ring  Siddiqah... She entered with Salaam and Ibrahim responded.

"Sir! You called for me."

"Yes! I have some questions for you"

"You may go ahead sir."

"What was the reason behind your new mode of dressing.?"

"Sir I'm using it for Allah's sake."

"I heard you've been going to my mother's house recently.How true is that?"

"it's a fact sir."

"Is it true, you've been nurturing some feelings for your boss. Knowing fully well he's married.?

"Absolutely the truth sir."

"What can you say about my wife.. Judging from the fact that she has been teaching you for a while now." Ibrahim asked.

"She's a woman who sacrifices for others and also a philanthropist . I love her personality and I'll love to be closer to her .. She's very religious and hospitable." Siddiqah praised.

"If Allah wills that we eventually get married, what kind of relationship will you make with my wife." Ibrahim asked.

"I'll always strive to be a younger sister to her, rather than a co-wife."She replied.

"Maa Sha Allah! You may take your leave." Ibrahim calmly said to her.
Siddiqah took her exist smiling to herself.

"Hmm.... mmm! Yunus was wright. Maami won't let us live in peace, if I refused to marry her choice, for the second time.. But Istikhara is the first thing to be done... But I'm surprised Siddiqah has feelings for me all these while... Will Habeebah accept her? Though she has been commending her to be a fast learner. But how will she feels? When the news is broken to her.. How I wish it's all a dream." Ibrahim thought aloud.

On getting home, Siddiqah couldn't stop singing victorious songs.

"I must celebrate this ! After a long wait, my dreams are coming true. I have never missed my target. But I must confess, Grandma is a genius ! And a smart old woman but Siddiqah is the smartest!" She said to her friend with a broad smile.

"What is it this time? Ruqqaya asked softly.

"Siddiqah explained in details about the conversation that ensued between Ibrahim and her.
"Wonderful! To be sincere you don't deserve to be your boss's wife. Even his wife is a good woman, I felt so sad for her that day she lost her pregnancy. I wonder how the woman will feel when she finds out. But Siddiqah you know your boss's wife uses niqob, what if he ask you to use it too."Ruqqaya jeered.

"I trust my Ibrahim! He won't demand that from me. And if he does I'll gladly use it. But immediately I give him a child I'll remove it. Apparently, I would have gained Grandma's support... Then, I'll send that fruitless Habeebah away from him.... Each time I see both of them together, I do feel like strangling her...I hate that lady with passion..

Afterwards, his remote control will be operated by me alone, I'll tune him to whatever channel I wish to.... To be sincere these canopies I'm wearing, are disgusting and suffocating to me. In fact I can't imagine myself concealing my beauty and physic all in the name of what?"She said unperturbed.

"Siddiqah, don't you think what goes around will eventually comes around.. Now I see why some people misuse this Jilbab and why women detest Polygyny it's all because of ambitious women like you.... You can only adhere to its conditions if your intentions are pure... But I'm still baffled and trying to figure out the reasons why bad things happen to good people. And the heartless ones will keep on victimizing and oppressing the good ones." Ruqqaya wondered.

"Because this life itself is meant for the heartless, and heaven is for the good" Siddiqah replied with a sacarsm and laughed louder..

To be cont'd.

Olafiku Maryam Umm Muslimah.

Comments

POST YOU MAY LIKE

UNIVERSITIES TO CANCEL 2019/2020 ACADEMIC SESSION

Tales

Tales

INTRODUCTION TO EMAIL MARKETING 2024

Tales

What If Low Carb Diets Can Cure Diabetes And Heart Diseases

General Principle of Law: List of Source of Nigeria Law with terms under them

Tales

Tales

Tales