Tales


TURNING POINT
EPISODE 2



Since my admission came with the supplementary list,I wasted no time in joining school.....

Just 4 days after I received the letter.... I and my mum were already on our way to Ilorin,kwara state, where the university is located....

It was a 5-hours journey from Abeokuta..... We landed at my mum family house, bcus mum is from Ilorin while Dad is from Elerinjare,both in kwara state.....

We were going to school from mum's family house, since I haven't gotten any apartment near the school area.. And hostel registration was already closed... Though we the late freshers  were expecting another opportunity for hostel allocation....

Finally,after 3days of completing my registration... Hostel was at last allocated to the freshers.......

Mum couldn't leave me alone just like that,even though she knew that with my level of exposure I will survive alone.... Yet she insisted on staying until I gets suitable apartment....

It a was Saturday,when I and mum took my luggage to the hostel.... It was a room of 3,with two students already.....
We met both of the girls inside that day.....
My first sight at them,I felt a sensation of beauty pass beauty... The fair lady on the bed beside the door is very beauty with a tiny ring on the nose...while the second Lady isn't dark,nor fair but had her own beauty too...most fascinating is that are long hair that looked and seems to be natural....

When we got inside they gave us a very warmth welcome.... They  even helped in arranging my stuff.....

Suddenly one if their phones rang ,after she received the call she faced the other person and informed her that they had started.....

Started what.... I asked myself and immediately the answer erupted that maybe it was lecture..
Until they both dressed up and to my greatest surprise,this fair Lady that I was initially admiring is wearing a niqob....and the other one wrapped a very big patch reaching almost her knee with her oversized gown.....

I knew right from that moment that I was in the wrong place ....I could I cope with this extremist....why all this form of dressing... I was going deep in thought when d niqoby stopped the thought....

Mummy ,sister,she called both I and mum....
We are sorry we wouldn't continue with
 arrangement... We want to get to the school welcoming Talim at the mosque.... By the way...I am Rahma,200l social science.....she concluded..

I felt a feeling of resistance with the way they dressed... But I forcefully told them my name....
I am Ruka.... I said sharply....
Oh what a nice name....Rukoyah....the niqoby said.

Then I got more angry but I didn't express it.....Ruka is Ruka ,which one is Rukoyah..I exclaimed angrily in my thought...

The other lady spoke up too....
I am Bashiroh,100level zoology.... She said and they both left......
Immediately they left, I hiss in a very long way...I burst into complaint to my mum.....

Mama e,(the mother)as I do call my mum...I don't think I can stay among this people ....shai...see what they are wearing.... We haven't spend a night together and they have started changing my name..... Emi ole GBE lodo awon to ma pana afe momi Lara o(I can't live with people that will kill the spirit of having fun o).....I exclaimed ...

Ruka..ma GBE yen wa o(don't bring that o)...stay here for maybe ur hundred level until u find a better place. And for this people,just ignore them in anything, after all u aren't sharing things in common.. And I trust d Ruka I gave birth to, she will never give in to any rubbish..... Mum concluded.....

Then I forced a smile and continued with what I was doing..

To be continue In Shah Allah.....
Writer: NIMOTALAHI BINT ZAKARIYAH

Comments

POST YOU MAY LIKE

UNIVERSITIES TO CANCEL 2019/2020 ACADEMIC SESSION

Tales

Tales

INTRODUCTION TO EMAIL MARKETING 2024

Tales

What If Low Carb Diets Can Cure Diabetes And Heart Diseases

General Principle of Law: List of Source of Nigeria Law with terms under them

Tales

Tales

Inspiration