A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A MUSLIM CHILD

 A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A MUSLIM CHILD


SEASON 1

EPISODE 4

<script data-ad-client="ca-pub-7073249637435090" async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>

When we came home, we supplicated like this on entering the house: 

Bismillah wa lajna, wa Bismillah kharajna, wa 'alallahi rabbina tawakkalna 

[By the Name of Allah we enter and by the Name of Allah we step out, and we put our trust in Allah, our Lord] 

We greeted my Mother and others: 

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu. 

And they replied: 

Wa alaikumussalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu.

My mother and sister were reciting Qur'an and my younger brother was reading a primer. 

I and my sister have memorized many chapters of the Qur'an. It is very rewarding to recite Qur'an at this time of the morning. Our Father tells us stories of Prophets from Qur'an. He also advises us to recite Qur'an, a guidance for mankind. 

It leads us out of darkness to the light and shows us the Straight Path towards Paradise. If we start practicing according to Qur'an, it will keep us away from Hell. We all turn our faces towards Qiblah (Makkah) and recite Qur'an wholeheartedly with good voice because Allah's Messenger (SAW) has said:

Sahyinnu alkhur'anu bi'ashwa 'thikum 

[Grace the Qur'an with your voice].

We should always do Wudu before reciting the Qur'an, and say:A

[I seek refuge with Allah from the Satan, the cursed].

After finishing the recitation pf Qur'an, our Mother goes in the kitchen and prepares breakfast for us and calls us for breakfast. We put the Qur'an in the bookshelf, wash our hands and then go for the breakfast in the kitchen. Our kitchen is quite big, so we usually eat int the kitchen. But when we have Guests we go to the dining room. We all sat on our chairs to have our breakfast.

I noticed that there was fresh fruit on the table which my Father bought at night from the fruit market. Among the fruits, water-melon was looking juicy and nice because of it's red colour. I told my Mother: 

Ma sha' Allah. La quwwata illah billah.

[That which Allah wills. There is no power except with Allah].

What a nice Melon it is! My Mother cut a piece of water-melon and gave it to me. I started to eat it then suddenly I realized that I forget to say Bismillah. My Father noticed that I was little upset then I told him that I forgot to say Bismillah. He told me that our Prophet (SAW) has given guidance on all aspects of Life. He taught us that if somebody forgets to say Bismillah before starting the meal, he should say Bismillah awwalahu wa akhirahu. [I start in the Name of Allah at the beginning and  at the End].

I was grateful to my Father and I thanked him by saying: Jazakallahu khairan (May Allah give you a better reward).

Then I asked about more manners of eating. My Father said: Eat with your right hand, and from what is in the front of you. 

My Father finished his breakfast quickly and supplicated like this: 

Alhamdu lillahilladhi at'amani hadhatta 'ama wa razaqanihi, min ghaira haulim-minni wa la quwwatin.

(Thanks and praises to Allah who fed me this food and gave it to me without my strength and power).

After finishing the breakfast I also recited the same supplication and then washed my hands and came to my room. I had already put my books and notebooks in the bag last night. 

It was and important day for me because that day we were going to get our test results and later on we had to go for picnic. We were planning to have lunch outside after playing games. We were supposed to come back by 4p.m

My Father called me: "Abubakar hurry up! Otherwise you will be late for the school." Then I took my bag, put on my shoes, greeted my Mother and said mu supplication while leaving the house:

Bismillahi Tawakkaltu 'alallahi wa la haula wa la quwwata illah billah.

[In the Name of Allah. I put my trust in Allah and there is no strength nor power except with Allah]. 

When I sat in the car, I greeted my father and said the supplication for the Journey:

Bismillah. Alhamdu lillah. Subhanalladhi sakhkhara lana hadha Wana kunna lahu muqrineen. Wa Inna ila rabbina lamunqaliboon.

[In the Name of Allah. Thanks and praises to Allah. Glory to Him who has subjested these to our (use), for we could never have accomplished this (by ourselves). And to our Lord, surely must we turn back]. 

My father started the car and we we were on our way to the school; and after dropping me at school he had to go to his office. We reached school early. My class fellows were waiting for me at the gate of the school. I could also see Khalid talking with his Friends. I said Assalamu Alaikum (Peace be upon you) to everybody. Everyone was talking about the picnic and they were all very excited.

School bell rang and we went to the classroom. Soon our Teacher Muhammad Imran entered the class. He is our Maths teacher as well. He is very kind to us and always makes sure that we understand what he is teaching. We all respect him very much and he also likes us very much.


To be Continued.......

Complied by: Abdul Malik Mujahid Published by: DARUSSALAM

Edited by: Caliph Blog


This Novel is just based on Way of Life for A Muslim each day... Watch out for the next episode, Don't forget to share with your Friends..

Comments

Post a Comment

Drop your Comment here

POST YOU MAY LIKE

UNIVERSITIES TO CANCEL 2019/2020 ACADEMIC SESSION

Tales

Tales

Tales

INTRODUCTION TO EMAIL MARKETING 2024

Tales

General Principle of Law: List of Source of Nigeria Law with terms under them

What If Low Carb Diets Can Cure Diabetes And Heart Diseases

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A MUSLIM CHILD EPISODE 1

Inspiration